Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I must say, Christmas in Korea was pretty good. We didn't do anything Korean really, but tried to make it feel a little bit like home. It took a while, but Jen, Chinchu, and Katie all finally made it over Christmas Eve. We woke up Christmas morning and opened our presents from each other. Anna and I also had some pretty huge packages from home to open, which was amazing! Thanks Mom! We finished opening gifts just in time for the "McDelivery" or our McDonalds breakfast to arrive. It was absolutely nothing compared to breakfast my mom makes on Christmas morning, but it was nice to not have oatmeal or cereal for once.

We went out later in the day. Christmas is celebrated in Korea, but it definitely isn't as big as back home. Everything was open and there were a lot of people out. Chinchu really wanted to go ice skating. We figured we'd give that a try but quickly changed our minds when we saw how long the lines were. We got our picture taken with some guys dressed up like Santa. They were selling polaroids as a part time job. Santa on the right had a black eye!


On our way home we decided to have some american food, so we went to Friday's. Traditional Christmas dinner, I know! It was delicious! After dinner we went to the Krispy Kreme under Friday's and had some HOT doughnuts and coffee. (Although I think I was more excited about some good coffee!) So all in all, I really enjoyed my Christmas. It was sad to not be at home with my family, but it was nice to have friends here to spend it with. I will definitely never forget my Christmas in Korea!

2 comments:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

You said the "k" word. Far better than the $1 a donut dunkins we have here

Brandon said...

wow you have a lot of stuff still available to you in Korea. the only thing American restaurant like we have in Grenada is KFC and a Subway that is REALLY expensive. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Keep these updates coming!